Research Papers and Links
On visualizing relational data as maps
- E. Gansner, Y. Hu, S. G. Kobourov, and C. Volinsky, "Putting Recommendations on the Map - Visualizing Clusters and Relations," 3rd ACM Conference on Recommendation Systems, p. 345-354, 2009.
- E. Gansner, Y. Hu, and S. G. Kobourov, "GMap: Visualizing Graphs and Clusters as Maps", 3rd IEEE Pacific Visualzation Symposium, p. 201-208, 2010.
- Y. Hu, S. G. Kobourov, and D. Mashima, "Visualizing Dynamic Data with Maps," 4th IEEE Pacific Visualzation Symposium (PacificVis), p. 102-110, 2011.
Maps modeling similarities for different media
- TVLand - common viewership patterns of the 1000 most watched TV shows using data from over a million digital TV set top boxes
- MovieLand - related predictions of movie preferences for Netflix , using sample data provided as part of the Netflix Prize
- MusicLand - correlations of recommendations of the 2588 most listened to musicians on last.fm
- Books related to 'Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone' - associated books from web crawl of "Customers who bought this item also bought" links on Amazon